Ideas please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ld123

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is my latest 90L tank and would just like a few ideas about where to go next in terms of stocking and substrate?

Attachments

• image-601838710.jpg
    image-601838710.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 80
You are pretty limited but I reccomend sand substrate
Here are some stock options-
Cories
Neons
Cardinals
Kuhli loaches
Guppies
One mollie
German blue rams

I currently have 3 platies, 13 endler live bearers, 5 lamp eyes and one Cory. I have a fluval U2 and also a fluval mini running in this tank.

Ld123 said:
I currently have 3 platies, 13 endler live bearers, 5 lamp eyes and one Cory. I have a fluval U2 and also a fluval mini running in this tank.

You need 5 more of the same type of Cory that you already have then I'd say you are stocked if you add a centerpiece fish like a GBR or a molly

Could I get any more fish the same sort of size as the endlers? Also what other centre pieces could I have ?

I also have a 29l empty tank so I could transfer Corys and get different bottom feeders, any suggestions? Also an algae water?

Ld123 said:
I also have a 29l empty tank so I could transfer Corys and get different bottom feeders, any suggestions? Also an algae water?

Please start your own thread
You can have few things in a 29 liter
It's only 5.5 gals

Yes it is your thread.
As far as getting a pleco, DON'T. They need much much more space than you have. I have a 10 gallon and I find it too small for a lot of things. There is a very limited amount of stock you can add. I would stick to small tetras like neons and flames. You could put a couple of the smallest type of gourami- croaking/sparkling. Your corydora are going to get awfully big for that small space and they don't do well unless they are in larger groups... So I wouldn't even suggest them.
The smaller the tank the harder it is to find a good community of fish that will live happy and healthy.
(I am referring to the 5.5 gal)

Ld123 said:

As far as this tank goes, because platies and endlers are going to reproduce very quickly, in no time you may find that you are overstocked. If you aren't happy with how your tank is, you definitely aren't the only one. I think most people can agree that they are always a work in progress. I would simply suggest a few more Cory cats and a centerpiece fish of your choosing. Rams are very pretty and do well in smaller tanks.
Why not expand into the wonderful world of plants and natural aquascaping? It's immensely pleasing to see how your tank turns from a simple fish tank into an amazon riverbed or murky forest. They have made my experience with keeping fish vastly more enjoyable and I am very proud of my tanks.

I am keeping my 29L purely for babies to grow. All my endlers are male

Ah well in that case no worries. Endlers are beautiful fish. The real question is what YOU want to do with the tank. Are there any ideas you had you were unsure of? You seem to have a handle on it.

Back
Top Bottom