Identification?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pippin123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Could someone identify this fish for me i did not ask for this at the pet store and have no clue what it is but i brought it home.

I agree with Caleb, looks like an American flag fish from the color...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I googled it i think you guys were spot on thanks so much. Any suggestions on how to take care of them are they aggressive i don't want a fight to start with his tank mates

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They can be aggressive, but mainly within their own species. They like quite a bit of plant cover and will eat pretty much anything you feed them.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I never had issues with flagfish aggression in my community tank; as long as you just have one it shouldn't be an issue

I've got four I a community and they do fine.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I'd advise not bringing home a fish unless you have already read up on it and how to care for it.

Caleb

+1 to this 100%. It's never a good idea to buy first and ask questions later. :eek: Even with rare or rarely seen fish. Make sure you know what you are getting BEFORE you get it. This way, you won't make mistakes that could be deadly to the fish or your existing fish. (y)

Back
Top Bottom