Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betta_boiii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I got this really cute fish at the store for nothing. They didn't know what it was and gave it for free. I am rather frustrated since I don't know what fish it is. Any help? It's very shiny with a black bottom tail fin and is about the same size and shape as a mannequin rasboraIMG_3254.jpg

Looks like a Glo fish. Danio I believe.

I have just done some research on glo fish. Never heard of them in my life but upon inspection, the fish in question is not a glo fish. Or not a glo danio. It has no resemblance but looks exactly like a rasbora body. Here are more pictures. It also schools with my other rasboras. Albino maybe? No red eyes but it is possible.IMG_3252.jpgIMG_3253.jpg I will post more pics tomorrowIMG_3252.jpg if needed. Thanks for help though

From what I can find it is not a penguin tertra. The pattern on the finnage is not quite the same.

That is exactly what I thought to begin with. Possibly a wild one or mutation?

Not sure if wild or potential mutation, could be a number of things. Looking at post #4, it's pretty clear the fish shares the exact body shape, fin placement, eye location/size etc. as the harlequin rasbora below it. Imo that's a harlequin rasbora, with distorted colors/lines

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I HAVE FOUND IT. Through intense research I have concluded that it is a silver tip tertra. They're apparently kinda hard to find in this region and to get one for free is just lucky. Thanks for the help guys

Back
Top Bottom