Identifying fresh water snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grode15

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got 5 snails for free from my LFS and I think there nerite snails but I'm not sure.I didn't get them so I didn't ask what they were my dad got them for me. Here is a picture of one

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1395179265397.jpg
    1395179265397.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 106
Nope not Nerites. Looks like pond snails or mystery snails as best as I can tell from that photo. Can you get a better one? If the snails are small and tear drop shaped, they are pond snails. If they are rounder with a blunt point to the side of the body than it is a mystery snail. Here are a few photos for you to compare them too.
Pond Snail .:. Freshwater Aquarium Snail Species Information Page

Apple Snail .:. Pomacea bridgesi .:. Freshwater Aquarium Snail Information Page

Horned Nerite Snail .:. Clithon corona .:. Freshwater Aquarium Snail Information Page

I think it's possible that they could be Olive nerites, but it's difficult to say based on that picture. The reflection of the flash covers up anything we could see.. Can you get a better one?

Here's a pic of a different one
rusu5u8e.jpg

Trying to upload more but it won't let me

It's a common nerite snail. At first it looked like a trapdoor snail but it doesn't have a cone shaped shell. Btw I feel really stupid. What does LFS stand for. I see people use it all the time but I have know idea what it stands for.

It's local fish shop / store I'm assuming

Oh thanks. Before I ever heard people use in aquarium forms I thought it stood for local food store. I feel really dumb now that I know what it stands for. I knew what the beginning and last letter stood for but I could not figure out the middle one.

Thanks for identifying it and sorry I could not put more pictures of them it wouldent let me for some reason

Back
Top Bottom