Identity Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobishu

Aquarium Advice Regular
So im at a lfs today and they had a gourami, with a black body and was yellow from its forehead to the tip of its top fin. Anybody know what kind o gourami this is, and maybe about its tenpermant?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Never heard of a black bodied gourami, can you post a pic? That's the only way I can get a 100% positive on an ID

Pics or it didnt happen! Lol seriously though we need pixs for an id. This fish sounds very cool!

Will get pics tomorrow. Might even get one just to have one. Cant find anything even close to it online.

Was the yellowish color larger than the black area? Could it have been a male honey gourami in full breeding color? Did it look like this?

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 99
I'm with ArtistGardener on this. It could be a male honey gourami.. Otherwise, no idea what it could be. Should be interesting to see pictures to compare.:)

It looked just like that but with the colors flipped.

Hmmm…. I look forward to seeing a photo of it. I'm guessing that your memory is off (no offense) or it wasn't a gourami. I can't think of any fish with coloration like you just described other than some livebearers.

Can you get a pic? I'm still very curios on what this may be...

Guys I dont think he is gonna reply. I looked through his other threads and he seems to have a habit of abandoning his own threads.

I would be willing to bet that it was a honey gourami in breeding colors. There have been studies that show how inaccurate our memories are in recall. This is one of the reasons that even with an eye witness in a crime, many innocent people go to jail. From the Innocence Project:

"Eyewitness misidentification is the single greatest cause of wrongful convictions nationwide, playing a role in nearly 75% of convictions overturned through DNA testing.

While eyewitness testimony can be persuasive evidence before a judge or jury, 30 years of strong social science research has proven that eyewitness identification is often unreliable. Research shows that the human mind is not like a tape recorder; we neither record events exactly as we see them, nor recall them like a tape that has been rewound. Instead, witness memory is like any other evidence at a crime scene; it must be preserved carefully and retrieved methodically, or it can be contaminated."

Just a little bit of info for your Friday! I think this kind of thing happens to all of us. We reverse colors, remember two things and combine them into one, etc.

Back
Top Bottom