Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-14-2004, 12:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

If ever there was a badass fish tank, this is it :)

http://www.ourglasshouse.com/holly/fish/ChromeTank2.jpg
http://www.ourglasshouse.com/holly/fish/ChromeTank3.jpg

Score! Going to look so cool in my kitchen with all my chrome appliances. I looove retro and this thing is pristine

I love the fishes cause they're so delicious.
Sati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 12:45 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet! How many gallons does it hold? What fish are you going to put in there?? And WHERE did you get it--I want one!

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 12:45 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to webmoose
Cool! Congrats.. What do you plan to stock it with?

8 Gallon hex - 3 F1 Black Brichardi and fry..("Lamprologus sp. Walter")

10 gallon work tank - Pair of dwarf gourami and 2 cherry barbs / 2 gallon - 4 Fundulopanchax gardneri / 10 gallon - bunch of killitanks

Vote Here for Aquarium Advice
webmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

pics not working :-\
Old 04-14-2004, 01:17 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I can see the pics
Old 04-14-2004, 01:31 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

I can't see them. :/
Old 04-14-2004, 02:17 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to madasafish
I can see it...

I've recently seen a few of those tanks--Qtoffer, BrianNY, Allivymar and I saw them at the latest Greater City Aquarium Society meeting. Chrome everything. Those tanks are to aquariums like the 1950s Chevys are to cars...
Old 04-14-2004, 02:37 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thay tank is in fantastic shape - and the matching hood looks great! It looks like it's even been resealed with silicone.

The chrome tank that we saw at the Greater City Aquarium Society auction was pretty beat up tho and probly needed to be resealed. The seller told me that those old tanks had slate bottoms (heavy) and were sealed with tar 8O!
Old 04-14-2004, 02:37 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Quote:
pics not working :-\
Quote:
I can't see them. :/
Maybe it's like one of those "magic eye" pictures.

I can see them fine. Did you buy it at White Castle (aka The Stainless Steel Fortress) or something?
Old 04-14-2004, 02:52 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's only a 15 long. I got it at my local aquarium group auction last night for $35. There were numerous other chrome tanks, but none with a matching hood and none in excellent condition like this one. It has to have the matching hood to be killer, IMO And it's funny because I had just been drooling over a chrome tank I saw on Ebay. I'm really big into the retro look be it clothing, furnishings, cars, or fish tanks.

It turns out a member had found the tank at a local Goodwill. It's probably from the 60's. The bottom is textured glass like you'd see on a shower door. It's been recently resealed and it looks like they did a really good job. The guy I bought it from tested it and it holds water so I'm looking forward to setting it up. I was thinking of using it to breed my Endler's Livebearers but I'm thinking a nice breeding pair of cichlids of some type would show it off more I walked away $145 poorer last night but got some good deals, although I did miss out on a few things. I'm still kicking myself over the 55g with stand that sold for $50 and a big beautiful angelfish. Contrary to what my boyfriend says, I SWEAR I could have made it fit in the car, lol. I also bought some yellow labs, albino bristlenose plecos, a brand new book I really wanted, 2 filters, plants, and some medicine and ferts.

Old 04-14-2004, 02:54 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Also, If you're unable to see the pics, might it be because you're at work? I only know of 2 other people who can't see pics on my site but it's because their work comps block them for some reason. They can see the pics from home comps. I don't know what else to suggest, sorry.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com