If you live in oahu,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishingforfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have you ever had success finding, or ever saw Scarlet Badis for sale anywhere? The nearest pet shop the have nearby me is petco (I live farther from town) and they don't have them.

Obviously I can't buy them online right off the bat because of restrictions and permits (really grinds my gears but law is law) haha. I'm really considering these for my tank, though I don't know where to get them.

Only place I've seen them at is Aquascapes in Aiea, so I'd probably give them a call.

At the time they had a lot but that was several months ago. If they don't have them in now they'd probably order them for you. You can PM bettaowner on this site too, I think he works there part time.

At the time they had a lot but that was several months ago. If they don't have them in now they'd probably order them for you. You can PM bettaowner on this site too, I think he works there part time.

Darn.
I hope they could order some for me! I'm glad I found out about them, they're small and not a schooling fish, something that I was looking for in forever. I may just drop the honey gourami for them, if all goes well. Thanks so much!

They do have a fantastic selection of nano fish there, although their prices are quite high. I'm probably heading there this weekend as they have some badis badis (the bigger blue one) in stock right now too.

They do have a fantastic selection of nano fish there, although their prices are quite high. I'm probably heading there this weekend as they have some badis badis (the bigger blue one) in stock right now too.

Hmm, how much have you seen them for? I'd like to get a badis badis but my tank is smaller, lucky you!! I'm planning to get a pair. :)

Not sure of their exact price, but if I were to venture a guess I'd say somewhere between $5-$10 each.

Not sure of their exact price, but if I were to venture a guess I'd say somewhere between $5-$10 each.

Well, I think it's well worth the price because of their tank conditions and the species of fish. If a pair turns out to be $20, so be it! Other, more common fishes are definitely bought at my lfs though haha.

Back
Top Bottom