If you where gonna stock a 2.5 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am thinking of pulling my old 2.5 gallon out and was wondering if everyone could stock one what would they stock it with :).

That is almost too small for any fish. Some might say a Betta but I like at least a 5g tank for them. You could actually do a pair of Scarlet Badis or some small shrimp.

I would choose shrimp it is a bit too small for a betta IMO.

I started with 1 cherry shrimp (that apparently had eggs on her) in my 2.5 gallon, and now I have a dozen. So keep that in mind when you buy them.

I also have a small horned Nerite snail in there with them.

I also had a 2.5g rcs tank, and it was awesome! They are very bright and active, especially when the tank is just shrimp so they have no reason to try and hide. I actually tried a betta in the tank, but I ended up moving him out because I didn't feel like the tank was quite big enough for him. To each their own, but I preferred it as a shrimp tank. the betta was more active and fun in a 10g tank anyways and I honestly saw a big difference.

I found mine on craigslist....but if you get a berried female (looks for berries/eggs under the tail) and a male you can start a colony pretty quick. You can also get some on the classifieds here. Put out a wanted add/trade add.

Back
Top Bottom