Iis the Python way of doing water changes good???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True, it's a lot of water, but vacuuming is a must in an overstocked tank so just siphoning won't work. Its probably about the same amount of water as a. small bathtub so I just look at it like a bath for my fish once a week.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would get one, I have had them in the past and LOVED the ease of using one. That being said, where I live now, if anyone else in the building flushes a toilet, I get ice cold water or it swings to hot so I just dont trust using one where I am located now. I dont even like getting in the shower, but the view here is epic!!!

I use 2 buckets and a submersible pump. Summer time I siphon out the window. I have bring my pH up so I can't use a python, but I wish I could. I fill with the pond pump, I dont lift buckets to the tank, bag that.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I feel like the python is a good way to go. But as Nigel8485 stated you waste water. I have a 55 gallon, I can understand using it in anything 75g or above. It's good exercise ;)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I love mine. Like other people said it can sometimes be slow depending on water pressure. I have a toddler so the mess of buckets and running back and forth with buckets over a baby gate sucked. Also - for bigger tanks it is nice. I am kind of short so I had a hard time getting the buckets up and over and dumped in slowly to not disturb the rocks/fish/plants because of my height. My husband was excited that I didn't have to keep calling him to fill up the big tanks

We add the prime either before or after and haven't had any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

True, it's a lot of water, but vacuuming is a must in an overstocked tank so just siphoning won't work. Its probably about the same amount of water as a. small bathtub so I just look at it like a bath for my fish once a week.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I mean siphon it and not use the v whatever effect caused by the sink having water running. You can vacuum either way.

No thank you, lol. I get enough exercise at work all day pounding up and down trees.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Then you must be in good shape lol.:p

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom