I'll betta but dont know what wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clearpilot17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I went on holiday a month ago and mum and dad was looking after the fish and they said my betta caught himself on the wood trying to get the tablet then he got one bump for abit so went to see what was wrong and the aquarium shop gave me medfix what I used done nothing so left it about and now he's got a bump and the skin on his body is coming off where the bump is

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have other picture if want a look

Looks like a scrape, keep the water as clean as possible and it should heal just fine.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I agree. Clean water, weekly water changes, and maybe a small amount of aquarium salt if you have it (you'll have to look up dosage recommendations though).

BTW, I'm a huge H Polysperma fan, and I see you've got some in the background ;)

Yeah I have them, and yeah I do 20% water changes every week but he's had it for about 5 weeks now

You undoubtedly need more water changes.

I highly recommend API Stress Coat for wound healing. There's info on the bottle for basic de chlorination and for healing purposes. The research is good both on the API product itself for wound healing, and on aloe in general (it's ingredient that's helpful here). Melafix isn't helpful if there isnnt an infection.

I've heard good anecdotal reports too about fish that weren't healing - from bettas to an Oscar with hole in the head - and started to after getting daily water changes with higher doses of stress coat.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom