I'm a baaaaad girl!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gypsyqueen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, I got tired of waiting and decided to go ahead and do what I've been doing for three years now. I set my tank up with a chemical called Prime. It neutralises everything!
I went to a pet store and bought five feeder guppies and four ghost shrimp for my fiver. I love my ghost shrimp, and my water tested fine after using the prime. The stuff really works. I've got Lily bulbs starting in there, as well as that spider plant that was in my original tank. I had to take it out of the other one, because the snails were eating the roots. Not the leaves, but the roots! LOL!
The guy at the pet store dropped my bag of fish, so they're traumatised, but all are swimming fine, and the stupid kid can't count, cuz he screwed up and gave me six guppies instead of five.
Now I'm contemplating getting a water feature inside, and growing aquatic pplants indoors, with goldfish! This should be fun! I' m gonna use a rubbermaid container of some sort. I want Koi!
Gyp

The rule of thumb for goldfish is 1 goldfish per 10gal and Koi need to be in a huge tank or a pond- er, both need large spaces- so a rubbermaid container may or may not work

I use prime, but I find it absolutely stinks, I mean, it smells really bad, but it does seem to work quite well. does yours smell bad? or did I get a bad batch?

Koi aren't the best idea, koi are the most agressive of goldfish and are known to tear up most aquatic plants. You'd be better off getting fantails, orandas, or vieltails as these types of fancy fish only require ten gallons per fish which means you could get more. While commons/comets require 20 gallons per fish and koi requite like 100 gallons per fish. They may seem small when you buy them but they can get around 8"+.

Take a look at this huge oranda from Kokosgoldfish boardhttp://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16144

Back
Top Bottom