I'm a bad impulsive buyer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DepotFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I was at walmart looking at their fish of the month, sarasa comets, and noticed two with their eyes picked out (what a shock coming from walmart :roll: ) So I asked if I can get a discount. Well now I've got no room but two extra comets. I plan to keep the boy and hopefully find a home for the girl. It will be more water changes for a bit but it won't be much more than a month before our pond is set up for summer. There is a fish auction on Sunday from the Green Bay Aquarium Society and hopefully I'll find a home for a cute blind female sarasa there, free to a single tank or a not-very-crowded pond. I think they need a good fungal treatment. Any thoughts on treating fish with their eyes gone. I'm sure they'll have some sort of infection going on.

Fish sized eye patch? Btw very nice thing you did taking in those poor fish. Good on you!

I would just treat with a fungal medicine, most likely its either a genetic thing or they were in a tank with aggressive tank mates

heehee Maybe I'll pick up some eyepatches and give them pirate names like Captain Hook and Peg Leg Peg. :wink:

Join the club, if i see somthing nice, i usually buy it. thats how i ended up with so many tanks.(8 in all) U buy the fish and then go, oh crap i need a bigger tank! Ha HA :)

Back
Top Bottom