Im a newbie. Help identifying fish :]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cadov86

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello im new to the hobby im about two months in and addicted! Not even sure if im posting this in the right section of the forum :)

I recently bought two fish from Petco (they were the only two left) and LOVE the way they look. they haven't got anymore in and when I try and look them up on the internet by what they were labeled as nothing similar comes up. I also went to my LFS (with out pic) I couldn't find them and they had no idea what I was talking about lol. Ill attach a pic :) any help would be great thanks!

ForumRunner_20120923_112751.jpg

White skirt tetra, my mother in law currently is breeding these. These guys can be kept in pairs but they are best kept in groups of at least six they tend to be more energetic and lively in larger groups as do all tetras. There are different variations of skirt tetras that you can group up with these guys they look really pretty in large schools. I'm pretty sure the typical size they grow to are about three inches. Best kept in community tanks and tank should be atleast a 30 gallon. Hope this helps!! :)

Back
Top Bottom