I'm back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So after like a whole year off the hobby, I'm back! Remember me or not, I was gone and couldn't do anything, but came back home to my 55 gallon tank, can't wait to come back to this great website, to help other people, to talk to other people about this hobby, I just can't wait! I will shortly post some photos of my 5 year old 55 gallon tank ;) and will also be starting a thread on my 40 gallon build
Happy to be back! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks!
Unfortunately, everything just went to waste, turns out it hadn't been cleaned in like a month or more, all the fish were doing great when I came back two days ago, just now I took out like 4/5 of the water because it was really dirty, and now I have 5 dead fish, what is going on :(

They literally started dying like 5 minutes before I was even done filling the tank back up, could they have been shocked because of the water change?

If the nitrates in the tank were really high and you did a large 90% PWC like that, it's possible that it shocked their system.
Even though high nitrates are bad, the fish can adjust somewhat. Just like any other fast swing (temp, pH etc), a large, fast drop in nitrates isn't good.
Any way, just a possibility based on the info provided.

Yea that's probably, death toll rises to 8 now
I was going to buy more fish right now, I have to buy a new filter, but I'm going to wait in case of an ick outbreak so the other fish aren't affected
I have ick tabs, should I add ten to calm the fish down? Or not? I have snails and crabs in the tank

Don't add the tabs, add them if an outbreak happens. You should keep a close watch in them, as they are probably shocked, you could turn off the lights as that might calm them down.

Ok won't add the tabs
In total about 12 fish have died, the small ones, the rest look fine
Thanks for the help

I remember you, welcome back to AA! :D Sorry about your losses, I hope things turn around for you soon. :)

Thanks for the welcome :)
Lost 15 fish in total
All I have are
2 rainbow fish
1 angelfish
4 Kuhli loaches
1 beta fish
3 crabs
And some snails

I lost 4 neon tetras
4 black tetras
4 zebra danios
3 rosy barbs

Any ideas on what I should add?

Nice to meet you!

More rainbows and kuhlis, they love to school. Also, are your crabs fully aquatic? If they are red claw crabs or the like, they need to have land from time to time.

Nice to meet you too!
I think I will add two more rainbows and more kuhlis
They are fresh water fiddler crabs, they have a tower they climb and have access to air there

Nice to meet you too!
I think I will add two more rainbows and more kuhlis
They are fresh water fiddler crabs, they have a tower they climb and have access to air there

Fiddler crabs aren't freshwater. They require brackish water, they're just sold as freshwater by some places to make more money.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Try adding some stress coat It might calm them down

Yea I'll buy some stress coat right now
Headed to the pet store to buy some more fish, more rainbow fish and maybe another angelfish
Btw, one question, do you all think two angelfish and one golden gourami would do good together? My uncle has a pair of each in a 75 gallon tank and hasn't had any problems, what do you all think?

Back
Top Bottom