im back...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcarlilesiu

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, as many of you know, I recently killed nearly my entire stock of fish. Some that I have had for a few years. It was heartbreaking, but I just wanted to pop back in to say I am back. Needed a little break to grieve. Anyway, my girlfriend has convienced me to start a discus tank. I have done a bunch of research, and I think I can do it. So we recently got:

1 juvinile pigon blood
1 juvinile Snake Skin
1 juvinile Marblo
1 juvinile Turquois

Sorry if I botched up the spelling on those, but im new to Discus now. We only got those 4 for now, because its pretty much all i could afford. They came to like 200 bucks. I wanted to get them in there right away so that I didn't have a mini-cycle from nitrifying bacteria die off from no bio-load.

I just wanted to say hey and thanks for your support, that little CO2 malfunction was no fun. Im excited to try a new kind of fish. i am sure ill have lots of questions.

I plan on getting 2 more max maybe in a couple of weeks... wish me luck

GOOD LUCK! but i don't think you will need it, you will be fine, glad you are recovering from that shock of all those dead fish well. Can we see some pics of the discus'? I hope all goes well with the new fish!

Congrats on the new discus. You will not regret them! I can't wait to see pics. I've been keeping discus for several months now and I love them!

Ok, you asked for it.. here are some photos of the new boys

Attachments

• 100_0161_671.jpg
    100_0161_671.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_0168_205.jpg
    100_0168_205.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 56
Yes that is the 56 gal. tall. tank dimensions 30 X 18 X 24H. I love this tank as I live in chicago and our 500 sq ft apartment, floor space is at a premium. Thanks for the comments

hey. very nice discus. im new to discus been keeping the only a few months.
Keep in mind that discus can grow up to 8-9 inches if kept in the proper tank. so if you add anymore there my not be no room for them to grow to there potential.
Unless you get so addicted u plan on upgrading in the next few months-years. I dont think i could ever not keep discus now that i have them they are amazing.
Mine are so trusting now they come up and let me touch them. And a few peck at my hand if i put it in.
Im hoping to buy a much bigger thank for them. And maybe i can get some more.
GOOD luck and need any help. we are here.
edited to say-i misscounted how many you have. SO yes with two more you should be fine :) have fun picking them out.
On another note. when they are really young they shouldnt have any real color. i bought some that must have been fed hormones and they do not grow very well at all. im not sure how many inches yours are. but mine should not have had color when they did.
JUst thought i would mention that too. so u didnt get them home and not have them grow. I have 7 others then these ones and theyve grown 1-2in in a short few months. and i had the other 3 longer. :)

Back
Top Bottom