I'm back and have a couple questions x.x

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone!

Here's the new update of my tanks...

My adolescent females gave birth after being inbred by their brothers. I fed out most of them but the ones leftover that didn't get eaten are too fat for my fish to eat now (I tried to do that and my adolescent betta made a gross display of attempting to eat one >__<) and I've noticed one maybe two that have this extra thing coming from the gills, genetic defect I'm assuming. Also, I had an unexplainable epidemic in my male molly tank last week and I went from 11 males left and now I have 2. My two male bettas died, one of old age, and the second because my 10 gal filter ate his tail. I got 2 adolescent females a while ago who are ravenous little buttheads but I luff them. My friend Derek at school can't take his fish home until he gets a new tank because he needs a new snake tank or something(I'm assuming he's using one of his aquariums to do so)...so I offered to foster his fish (the ones that are at school not all his fish...) until he gets a new tank

So here are my questions:

Should I keep, put down, or what to, my genetically defected baby molly(s)?
What do red tailed sharks eat? I do know they can be agressive...
And do you think creamsicle mollies and dalmation molly mix would be a cool coloration if they were black and orange? ^^ I have the colors I just want to know if people would think that'd look neato lol

I personally don't advocate putting down fish just because they are inbred. JMO. It's not their faults.
I actually ended up with creamsicle and dalmation molly babies and they are very cute. And they did end up black and orange.

Red tailed sharks, bloodworms, algae wafers, flake foods. Vary the diet and they should be fine. They can be very aggressive and can grow to be around 6".

Welcome back btw.

Yeah, I just wasn't sure if it would become a real big problem later in life, it looks really funky o.o; but it's still cute I would hate to put it down x.x haha I just had to get a new creamsicle molly female because the other one I have isn't breeding "correctly" she's seeming like my dalmatian molly cookie who takes 3-4 months instead of 3-4 weeks to be pregnant and give birth. Cookie gets fat, shows signs of pregnancy just not to the extreme of my other females I've had previously... and just takes her 3-4 months to "pop" which i found awkward but her 2 daughters are SO adorable ^^

Okay thanks, because Derek has one...and I had no idea what to feed it ^^; all the other fish are ones i've had previously or are mine because I gave them to him to keep...

Back
Top Bottom