I'm buying a dirty tank and dont know what to clean it with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holton

Aquarium Advice Regular
:( I neeeedddd help I have no idea how to clean this tank it has brown clowdy stuff all over.

Good question jmoore! If its glass, I'd recommend using a "dobie" cleaning pad. I use them to clean the glass in my tanks all the time. Just be careful where ever there is silicone. If you scrub the silicon too hard you might tear it up. You can get them at grocery stores or walmart. They are with the dish cleaning supplies. Here is a link to show you what the package looks like.
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp88950_332828_sespider/scotch_brite/dobie_cleaning_pad.htm

i like to use vinagar and a hard bristle toothbrush it takes a little work but it gets the tank sparkeling just make sure you rinse it out really well, iv had a bad experience with that, but it wasnt my fault my uncle decided to clean my tank and well he knows nothing about fish and took them all out put them in a cut up 2L bottle and washed my take with bleach, rinsed once and put them back in......
it didnt go over too well... i had to start everything all over

Back
Top Bottom