Im excited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ducatiman

Aquarium Advice Freak
My new tank is possibly showing signs of stabilising. After worrying about survival of the pair of angels that came with it, they are now heavily defending the corner with the filter tube, cleaning it from top to bottom in prep for eggs. I called previous owners who said every 2 weeks or so they laid eggs, usually on the filter. They just let them die but il be saving them. Fingers crossed!!!

My new tank is possibly showing signs of stabilising. After worrying about survival of the pair of angels that came with it, they are now heavily defending the corner with the filter tube, cleaning it from top to bottom in prep for eggs. I called previous owners who said every 2 weeks or so they laid eggs, usually on the filter. They just let them die but il be saving them. Fingers crossed!!!

Good luck! (y)

Good luck. How do u plan on saving the eggs? How they work good luck!!

Not sure. Open to advice. Just finished laying after 2 hours. Community tank but angel pair seem to be in command. Only worry is a plec might get them.

How exciting! I remember the first time I saw my angels do that, have fun wathching and good luck saving the babies!

My bro has a community tank and his angels lay eggs, the angels get tired from stress and lay down on the security of the eggs and the other fish get them, maybe consider getting a 30g or 20 for the pair to lay

Gonna watch them tonight. Leavin light on as well. Once they start wriggling I thin i'l take 2/3 away if I can. I have a small tank set up waiting.

Not sure. Open to advice. Just finished laying after 2 hours. Community tank but angel pair seem to be in command. Only worry is a plec might get them.

In my tank, after 5-6 days and the eggs were really moving, I put a tank divider in my 55 and isolated the babies. When they took off swimming I captured all I could in a breeder box (small mesh box) and fed them bbs until they were big enough to identify as fish (as opposed to squirmy dots) I turned them loose and found out the tank divider wasn't quite a tight seal against the glass and of course all the babies found that tiny gap and became dinner for the other fish waiting on the other side, soooo.... dont do that! lol.

Yes they did, they constantly swam up and down the eggs, I read that this behaviour is to keep water constantly flowing over the eggs to prevent bacteria etc from growing on them. They were able to keep 2 plecos, 6 cherry barbs, and 5 rainbow fish from eating them up.

Back
Top Bottom