Im getting a 40g.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkdubs2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Going to buy it Thursday and want to do something I haven't done before. Any ideas? I was thinking all inverts or cichlids. Suggestions?

Andrew McFadden said:
Well what have you done?

Agh good point lol. Ive done fake tropical, I've done small and large tropical planted, and now I have an aquatic turtle tropical community. I'm not into sw and I don't have money for that. So other ideas are good.

A pair of German blue rams with a school of neons cardinals or an angel would all be good possibilities. You could a dwarf rainbows with a pair of gbr and neons.

I think I still wanna stick with fish or inverts so the newt is out. Maybe I could do a livebearer tank. Something to feed the turtles? What would be good for that? Or maybe a crayfish breeding tank for the turtles. Any ideas?

Ok so the 40g I got is 36" long so I think it's the old school 40 w/ brace and it's taller than the breeder tank would be and about as wide as my 55g. What length light fixture do I need or could I use bc I can't seem to find one at petco for my 40g?

Back
Top Bottom