I'm getting a BN pleco tommorow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't worry about it for now. They tend to stay in one spot a lot especially when they are new. I bought some L333 plecos recently and they hid Everytime I approached the tank and stayed in one spot all day. I was so afraid they weren't even eating because they didn't move. I think they came out at night mostly. It's been a few weeks now and they are feeling more secure and exploring more. They still leave the food and get a bit on the defensive when I approach but they're getting better.

Some of the bigger breeders who have indoor breeding setups don't turn the lights on unless the are in the fish room. So the fish grow up in the dark and not really used to people. Imo fish need light and plants but the dark room school of breeders don't use plants, don't want algae and don't want a high light bill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I took a picture for you just now. It's my biggest bn pleco. She stays like that all the time unless she wants to eat or breed. I raised her from a very small specimen to her current fatty fish state.

Attachments

• 1442732843315.jpg
    1442732843315.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 46
Congrats on your new albino pleco. I love the light color ones I have one male ABN, one l144 female blue eyed lemon BN, And one that I bought from ebay as a blue eyed ,,yellow, BN ancistrus. In order they are named Lucky, Buttercup, and Bella. Do you have a cave in there for your pleco besides the driftwood? Alison

Congrats on your new albino pleco. I love the light color ones I have one male ABN, one l144 female blue eyed lemon BN, And one that I bought from ebay as a blue eyed ,,yellow, BN ancistrus. In order they are named Lucky, Buttercup, and Bella. Do you have a cave in there for your pleco besides the driftwood? Alison

Yes, I have 2 terra cotta pots

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So how's the new bn pleco doing? Has it moved around and explored any?

So how's the new bn pleco doing? Has it moved around and explored any?

Still a bit shy, but i know it's gonna come out. I set up a time lapse on my camera for 2 hours and the BN came out quite frequently.
Moving from one log to another, and clinging onto different branches.
But I think it's gonna have to get used to me. It's not eating, but it's completely normal for a new fish that hasn't been established yet

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My new adults usually do the not eating or moving when I'm looking game as well. They like to stress us for a bit. Lol

Back
Top Bottom