I'm going on vacation...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith Stone

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How long can fish go without feeding? I have an automatic feeder but the flakes don't really come out of it real well and I've tried the small pellets but the fish don't eat them. I've looked at the vacation feeder blocks and I imagine I would have to put a couple in there. Do they actually work? I'm going to be gone for like 3 weeks and I've found someone who will come once a week to put the blocks in but she can't come daily to feed my fish.

Will my fish be okay? I have about 8 of them. I'm thinking putting 2 of the 7 day feeder blocks in there per week. Along with the 24 hour automatic feeder. Any other advice?

The problem is I live in a college town so everyone I know will be headed home - can't find many fish care takers.

You can get away with feeding once a week, they will be fine with that. The blocks would be bad for your water overtime...

If she can feed them once a week and you are planning a PWC midway then they will be fine. What ever you do don't add vacation feeder blocks. They can very easily foul up your water and cause ammonia spikes.

Back
Top Bottom