I'm lost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
All this time I thought my ph was 8.0, but according to the Seachem Ph Alert my ph is 7.4. What do I believe? I'm lost.IMG_6858.jpg
IMG_6856.jpg

Was the liquid test taken the same time as implementing the ph alert? Have you added anything like drift wood or natural rocks recently? Anything to your filter?

Also, what does your high range test show?

Was the liquid test taken the same time as implementing the ph alert? Have you added anything like drift wood or natural rocks recently? Anything to your filter?

Also, what does your high range test show?

Nothing has been added to the tank or filter and this is the high range ph. It looks like an odd color, but in person it looked like 7.4 or 8.0IMG_6860.jpg

Interesting. I'm honestly more inclined to go with the API test kit, as you can't really screw up a liquid test. I've never used any kind of passive text like the seachem one, but I'm conflicted because I trust both brands.

How long has the seachem one been installed? Maybe it takes a certain time period to correctly adjust. If you rinsed it in anything before using it, it might be reading that water ph for a little while. Just a guess though!

Maybe it's right on 7.6 and that's why it's giving weird readings?

Interesting. I'm honestly more inclined to go with the API test kit, as you can't really screw up a liquid test. I've never used any kind of passive text like the seachem one, but I'm conflicted because I trust both brands.

How long has the seachem one been installed? Maybe it takes a certain time period to correctly adjust. If you rinsed it in anything before using it, it might be reading that water ph for a little while. Just a guess though!

Maybe it's right on 7.6 and that's why it's giving weird readings?

I just got it today.

I just got it today.
Oh OK, maybe it just needs to saturate in order to provide a more accurate reading. I would give it another day before I panicked. If it doesn't correct, I'd be giving customer service a call and seeing if it's defective or something. I wish I had more experience with passive tests though!

Where are you seeing 8.0? It looks like 7.6 on the liquid test and the other looks a little darker than the 7.4 so to me it looks like they are about the same? Maybe just me but they look pretty close to me

Back
Top Bottom