I'm New To This...Help Appreciated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShayCox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone!
I recently got a tank for my birthday and I just wanted some general advice on things. I have a 63 l tank and at the moment I have 3 zebra danio's, 1 albino cory and 1 bronze cory. (The woman in the fish shop said I should only really start off with 5 and these fish get on well with each other). I will be looking to get some more danio's and cory's because I know they are a school fish. I just wanted to know about the cycle of a tank. I got my water tested before I put the fish in, and they said it was fine. But I know when you add fish the levels rise and then neutralise again. I didn't get a water tester yet because the woman said I wouldn't need one for a few days. I've been reading up about the ammonia and nitrates and it's got me all worried in case it ends up killing my fish. Can anyone explain in layman terms what a cylce is, how to help it and when it will be finished?
Thanks guys for all your help. Sorry the message is a bit long :)

Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

That link is a guide to starting a fresh water tank. Although you have already started I think this explains cycling. I could be wrong though so if anyone wants to give the correct link please go ahead and do it. I know there is one about cycling with fish in but I can not find it.

Hopefully I was of some help and did not confuse you.

Back
Top Bottom