I'm scared - can PetSmart halt a return transaction?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazychomp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a HOB filter the other day for my quarantine tank feeder tank for the Aro. Long story short - I returned it today, but I forgot to include one of the filter medium. They didn't notice and I forgot to place it back in after washing it. It possible for retail stores to reverse the returned funds on my debit card if they discovered it was incomplete after the matter?

I just want to know in GENERAL too, just in-case.

Thanks guys!

Sounds good. I hate it when this happens... its only $50 but still... unneeded stress.

take it from some on that works retail what is going to happen is they will insept the product when it is found that the filter media missing they will either replace it or send it back to the vendor. No Harm No Foul

i agree. I don't think they have the authorization to charge you for something (whether it be a charge or re-charge) wihout your express permission.

Either way, if you used a debit card, they would need to input your PIN

Yep, it's their fault for not catching it. I work in retail as well and when something like that happens, it's completely our fault.

No they will not "Halt" a return unless its missing vital parts, medium is not vital.

I would take it back but to be honest they will just throw it away, its useless to them, the filter will go back to the vendor if that is the rules of that particular vendor.

I do returns processing for a living and I get alot of crap back that shouldnt have been returned but no they will not reverse the credit back to you.

Dont worry. I know that petsmart wont because two different stores I frequent alot have discussed this with me when I asked them before, in a rush or preoccupied people forget things, if it was the motor or something hard to obtain part for the filter then they would Phone you first and ask politely to return or come in and redo the entire transaction.

Back
Top Bottom