I'm sick of spilling water!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm tired of spilling water on my hardwood floors. I don't want to damage my floors. What can I do to cut down on spillage during my weekly PWC? I'm already careful but I still manage to spill on the floor. Any ideas folks?

I'm tired of spilling water on my hardwood floors. I don't want to damage my floors. What can I do to cut down on spillage during my weekly PWC? I'm already careful but I still manage to spill on the floor. Any ideas folks?

Get a water changer. I never spill a drop. The Aqueon seems to be the superior model.

I put old towels down around the tank on the floor and surface :)

Yep, a water changer is the way to go, also I've seen a "water changing/maintenance mat" for sale on petsolutions.com if you want for an added precaution

I bought a hose that reaches to my shower. Drains right into shower and then i just connect the hose to the shower head (might need an adapter) and get the temp right and fill. This is cheaper than buying a water changer. Grand total like 13$ maybe.

Zimmanski said:
Yep, a water changer is the way to go, also I've seen a "water changing/maintenance mat" for sale on petsolutions.com if you want for an added precaution

Water changer is a bit out of my budget. Maintenance mat? That might be a good idea. You use a water changer?

Water changer is a bit out of my budget. Maintenance mat? That might be a good idea. You use a water changer?

I use the aqueon water changer and you're right, when I shelled out $45 for some valves and hosing I almost cried haha, but really its money well spent. I couldn't imagine using 5g buckets to change the water in my 75 gallon tank. I don't have the mat, I've just seen it. With the water changer if there's any spilling its only a few drops so I just keep a wash cloth in my aquarium stand for that

I use the aqueon water changer and you're right, when I shelled out $45 for some valves and hosing I almost cried haha, but really its money well spent. I couldn't imagine using 5g buckets to change the water in my 75 gallon tank. I don't have the mat, I've just seen it. With the water changer if there's any spilling its only a few drops so I just keep a wash cloth in my aquarium stand for that

Telling you guys, a hose is the way to go.

The Aqueon Water changer can be had on Amazon for 28 dollars with free shipping. Otherwise, being more careful is really the only advice for you. You could fill up the tank with a gallon or half gallon pitcher for easier transportation from the sink to the tank and easier pouring.

Laser said:
The Aqueon Water changer can be had on Amazon for 28 dollars with free shipping. Otherwise, being more careful is really the only advice for you. You could fill up the tank with a gallon or half gallon pitcher for easier transportation from the sink to the tank and easier pouring.

Haha i'm trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. Being more careful whilst being more efficient.

Pyton "no spill" water changer. Best investment I've made. Worth every penny.

Call me old school, but I prefer the ol' gravel vac and buckets routine with lots of towels spread out. It's also my exercise for the week, by the way.

David

You need a faucet to tank/tank to faucet (water changer) siphon. It does seem costly but it will be worth it just when you use it make sure your pipes don't leak. If you go to Walmart you can get a siphon a little bit cheaper than at a local pet store and it appears to be made of the same parts because spare parts are sold. The name of the siphon I have is an Aqua Culture Ultimate Gravel Vacuum and it is 25ft.

Back
Top Bottom