I'm wondering about mts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon242

Aquarium Advice Freak
I noticed today that my gravel is really compacted in some areas which probably isn't helping my plants at all. And I was thinking about maybe going to petsmart and seeing if they would give me some mts since there tanks are covered lol. I don't think they eat plants. The only thing I'm worried about is if I'll get an uncontrollable population. I'm just wondering if it is worth it or not to risk it? I went through the pond snail outbreak so I guess I could make it through another if it comes to that, lol.

If you don't overfeed its easy to keep population in check. I like MTS. :)

In my experience MTS are self-regulating (i.e. you will not get more MTS population than your tank will support). They are in every tank I have and have never been a problem for me. If you need any just let me know :)

Well I will give it a shot.

travis simonson said:
In my experience MTS are self-regulating (i.e. you will not get more MTS population than your tank will support). They are in every tank I have and have never been a problem for me. If you need any just let me know :)

Thanks for the offer, I will see if I can get some from petsmart on friday. If not I will send a message to you :)

if you DO get clown loachs, beware. i have 4 that are upwards of 4" and they not only eat the snail eggs and babies, but they go after the larger snails too and have been quite successful and eating them. my mts population is now quite small.

TRAVIS--got any more to spare? :)

MTS (multple tank syndrome)
If you can keep your self to one tank then you probably won't get more. But after you get that second tank, they seem to multiply rapibly.

I've got thousands. If you come to the GCAS meeting in Dec I'll pack a bag of MTS for you Cat. :wink:

I've always had mts in all my tanks as well an they've never been a problem. Got them now again from petsmart for free. I only vacuum the surface of the gravel, if at all, since I have black gravel and Amanos (eat all dead matter), never had a problem.

Well, ended up getting some on friday and I was just looking at my tank tonight and there is a little baby on my glass already, geesh they don't waste any time lol

you rock brian! between you and travis, there won't be any room left in my tank for the poor fishies!

(but what's i'd REALLY like is another albino bristle nose...a boy this time...hint hint...) :)

Back
Top Bottom