I'ma fish sitter for tonight...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
My friend Bethany calls me today and asks me if I can take care of her new angelfish because the one she got yesterday died on her. Her dad was telling her that the temperature of the water just seemed cold to her because her body was so warm, so she's assuming the temp killed her. So she decided that I could take care of her new angelfish overnight and bring it to school the next morning because I have a heated tank. Now I told her I've never had any luck with angelfish and that I'd try to keep it alive and if it dies I would be extremely sorry. Just so I had my grounds set with her because I love angelfish but I have had minimal luck wtih them. The longest i've ever kept one was one week... and the shortest was maybe.... 6 hours. But hey I'm gonna give it my best shot. Hopefully it doesn't die on me >_< then I'll feel bad T.T

While your tank may be heated, the transfer of the fish from her tank, to your tank, to some other container for you to take it to school and then to where ever after that is going to put that fish through a tremendous amount of stress. I would advise your friend to get a heater or take the fish back to the store.

She doesn't have a tank, she got it from the fish store and just handed me the bag it was in. And I fed my fish about 3 minutes after I put it into the tank(yes I let it get settled in first inside the bag) and it started to eat, so I doubt it's that stressed out. It's a really nice fish and none of my other fish are bothering it. I don't think I'll have that much problems with bringing it to school, as stressful as it may be because it's going to stay there throughout the semester and i'm pretty sure she's letting the school keep it.

Aaah, I see. I thought you were keeping it over night just to give it back to her tomorrow to take it back home again.

Nope! lol I dunno if I should bring it in today though cuz we dont even have class and it takes a half hour to put them into the tank the way Mrs. Hahn has us do it.

Back
Top Bottom