Imagintive Aquarium Themes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep my tank natural looking too....

Attachments

• 20131023Aquarium III_180413.jpg
    20131023Aquarium III_180413.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 78
Is that branch a piece of driftwood from your lps or is it something you found yourself ?
I put in real driftwood yesterday. I bought it from my lps years ago. It clouded the water a bit. My tank is cycling, without fish, so I have been doing waters changes to try to clear it up.

Sonata, boil your driftwod. Put it in a big ol tub of water and boil till the water is the color of mud, change water and repeat the process

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I did that when I fist got it. ( years ago )
I have done daily water changes.
That, along with filter, has it just back to where it was.
Thanks for the tip though. :)

I saw this thread and wanted to share mine but I have not had a chance. But here, Asian themed tank. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1438031449378.jpg
    1438031449378.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 69
I love it !
Every time I see a new theme, I want to do it myself. :)
I am thinking of the lost underwater city of Atlantis.
So far none of my decorations fit. It will be a gradual change. Take out one ornament & replace it with another.
Love it !!!
How large is the tank ?
What fish do you have ?

Yeah same here that's why I want to get more tanks so I can do more aquascaping! Haha. An Atlantis theme would be so cool! Another theme I think would be neat is a cave. I've seen these stalagmite and stalactites decorations where the rocks suction cup to the sides of the tank and they have rock formations that go on the bottom. I've also always wanted to use these shelf things. It's hard to explain but I've seen them at petco and it makes a little shelf in your tank.

That's what I had to do with mine. I had a castle in it and it didn't fit. I wanted a more uniform and a tad bit natural look. So I opted for the grey driftwood decoration.

Thanks so much!

It's 36 gal.
It holds:
8 neon tetras
6 glofish tetras
1 blue Dwarf gourami
3 angelfish
1 male baloon molly
1 clown pleco

I know, I know. It's heavily stocked. I have plans to move some in the future and I'm running a good filter with weekly water changes.

Yeah same here that's why I want to get more tanks so I can do more aquascaping! Haha. An Atlantis theme would be so cool! Another theme I think would be neat is a cave. I've seen these stalagmite and stalactites decorations where the rocks suction cup to the sides of the tank and they have rock formations that go on the bottom. I've also always wanted to use these shelf things. It's hard to explain but I've seen them at petco and it makes a little shelf in your tank.

That's what I had to do with mine. I had a castle in it and it didn't fit. I wanted a more uniform and a tad bit natural look. So I opted for the grey driftwood decoration.

Thanks so much!

It's 36 gal.
It holds:
8 neon tetras
6 glofish tetras
1 blue Dwarf gourami
3 angelfish
1 male baloon molly
1 clown pleco

I know, I know. It's heavily stocked. I have plans to move some in the future and I'm running a good filter with weekly water changes.

I know what you mean about castles. I have 2. I'll replace them with something fitting as I find it.

My tank is cycling, but I have plans for stocking it.
You think yours is overstocked ! My plan is;
2 male swords
2 male mollies
1 Siamese algae eater
3 male fancy guppies
4 corries
2 dwarf gouramais
7 neons
5 zebra danios

I also have a strong filter & have always done weekly water changes with my tanks.

Love your set up !! :)

Yeah. I mean castles can be really cool. It just wasn't working in my tank anymore. Although I've seen this pretty cool castle decoration. It's so big it's got 2 peices and a bridge with a fake river that connects them. That's a cool list what size tank? And thanks again!

I changed my densely planted jungle tank with fluorite gravel and rocks to a tank with all white sand at the bottom with a sunken submarine etc ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438066941.857599.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438066976.540643.jpg and this one is kind of a work in progress

I have got so many good ideas from you guys ! Thanks !
Anyone think of a whimsical / light ,slightly humorous, theme. The world is so serious. I'd like to share a bit of brightness.

Manzanita is the type of wood that is a branch, not a large piece of wood. That's Manzanita in my tank.

Attachments

• Aquarium-no reflection.jpg
    Aquarium-no reflection.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom