In need of a cheer and a name :((

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senemedar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Unfortunately after a few months one of my Long-Armed Shrimps had died tonight :(
What makes it worse, it was the bigger, transparent one I loved the most :( In the meantime I parted with his mate because they were fighting constantly, so all of sudden I ended up with a empty, fully cycled 25l tank.

So, to cheer me up my wife has bought me a male Fighter with a beautiful blue veils! All I need now is to have a name for him, and a mate or two. I was thinking about something feeding on the bottom to clean the gravel - sucking loach maybe? Maybe something else would go into a 6 gallon tank with my fighter?

Some pigmy cory cats would probably be good. My Betta is named Samurai because his fins remind me of silk. Good luck with yours!

I've just read that they like a slightly higher temp of 28-29 centigrades so I've turned it up. Also, I've noticed that he loves to squeeze through a tight spaces like the back of a filter or a leaves of the plants - is that normal, or he's just stressed out?

Hholly said:
No, mine likes to squeeze through tight spaces too. They are very inquisitive fish.

Lol! It's good to know he's all-right :)
I've turned up the heat to 27 degrees (around 81 for a non-metric of us :D) and added my zebra Nerite snail to keep him company.
Now all I need is a name!

Mumma.of.two said:
Post a picture. :) we can name him without seeing him first!

I knew I forgot something :D
Here they go!

Attachments

• image-4129825534.jpg
    image-4129825534.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 50
  • image-1502178506.jpg
    image-1502178506.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 52
No name yet, still waiting for ideas :)
Also-- can/should I give him more company than just zebra snail?

You could try some shrimp, just beware he might eat them. Give them plenty of cover.

+1 on bloo lol :)

I always find it hard to name animals so I let my Gf do it.

My blue Betta was called "fluffy" :/

LOL!
But... My wife love's 'Fluffy' so I reckon there's something in this name :cool:

I like 'Bloo' and 'Cobalt' but still want more, so keep them comin' :whistle:

My first Betta was a blue and black looked just like him, his name was pepsi max (bc of the black and blue) :)

Back
Top Bottom