Indescresant shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nouse4aname07

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My shark is acting up, hes not his ol self. hes in the corner of the tank under a rock, hes not crushed or anything and he is alive, but ive been finding him under there lately. Also i see white specs on him. Whats wrong with him :(

White specs would indicate that he has ich...

Post your water parameters so that we might be able to give you a little more info.

Does your shark scratch it self against gravel or rocks? take a close look and see if the fish looks "droopy" with fins clamped to the body. If its spending most of the time under that rock and not eating...then it is stressed...ich will do that to your fish.

Those are classic symptoms of ich. You should begin treatment immediately, as advanced stages of ich are very tough (and sometimes impossible) to cure.

umm.. i recommend either quick cure or aquarisol for treatment. these are also good for other diseases. Do some reading on different fish diseases!

Yes, aquari-sol has been very helpful to my fish when my they would get attacked by ich...once again...you can also add aquari-sol weekly to prevent future attacks...if you do have small and scaleless fish, use half the dose recommended on the bottle.

Back
Top Bottom