Indian Dwarf Puffer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diamonte

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want some dwarf puffers, But I now absolutely nothing about them. So I was hoping if you can give all the facts, Pros, and Cons about Indian Dwarf Puffers. Like are they very easy? My tank is ready for fish so can they be the first ones in? Tankmates? Stuff like that?

How big is the tank? Dwarf puffers in my opinion are fairly easy to care for provided that you have the right food for them. They'll eat brine shrimp, bloodworms, and probably black worms. Daphnia are also accepted. I've never had luck getting them to eat frozen food but I think it can be done. They will eat crustaceans like ghost shrimp and small fish. They are fin nippers but I've had some that were actually pretty nice in a nano community tank with peacock gobies and a scarlet badis. They do need snails to eat to keep their beaks from getting too long. Tankmate wise, I would advise an otocinclus once the tank is a few months old. Pygmy corydoras could work but any other fish would be at risk of being attacked.

Really supposed to be in species only tank..as always they each have their own personality. Mine took out 2 of 5 khuli loaches in 1 night :/

It's deceptive because they are so small...can be vicious little things

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mine did ok with Kuhli loaches. My very first pair were peaceful. After that all the others were really aggressive. Keep in mind that there is a similar species called the imitator puffer. I don't think it's anymore peaceful though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom