Indian dwarf puffer questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquaaddict1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would like to keep a dwarf puffer I have a few questions. .I'd love to have one in my planted nano tank 5.5g aqueon 10 power filter is that ok? If not what would you guys recommend for that tank that has a personality? 1491109760012.jpg

I have a betta, three ottos, and a really large cherry shrimp in a five gallon. Bettas have a lot of personality and recognize people in a certain manner.

I've also had puffers in the past, marked as figure eight puffers but I believe they're the same thing as Indian puffers. They have beaks, love other fishes' fins and are great snail control. Not much for a community tank I don't think. Maybe a species specific?

A dwarf puffer (possibly even 2) should do fine in your planted tank. I've found - mostly through forum advice - that kuhli loaches do well with them. I have 6 dwarf puffers and 4 kuhlis in a heavily decorated (artificial) 29g, and they all do well together.
Redneck, figure-8 puffers aren't the same as Indian dwarf puffers. Dwarf puffers max out at less than an inch, but will also eat snails.

Thank you all I like to do all the research I can before attempting to keep a fish I know figure 8 puffers are brackish fish and Indian dwarfs are entirely freshwater that's what I'm looking for

Back
Top Bottom