Indian Glassfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StellaStars

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I saw some Indian Glassfish at my LFS. They said they don't get over an inch and that they'd be suitable in my nano tank.

I've watched them in the store a couple times now and they seem super mellow, which seems like a good fit.

However, everything I see online says they can get up to 2-3 inches.

Are there multiple varieties? Anyone have personal experience with them?

At the LFS, they mostly want to sell you the fish, even if it requires some fibbing. How big is your tank, what sort of setup is it, and what currently lives in it?

At the LFS, they mostly want to sell you the fish, even if it requires some fibbing. How big is your tank, what sort of setup is it, and what currently lives in it?

+1 if the LFS sees your interested, they will make it work where you walk out with a fish. Do your homework at home then consult them.

Caleb

My LFS is The Wet Spot in Portland, OR. I trust them to do what's best for the fish.

And it's not a matter of sale or no sale, just a matter of which sale.

As for my set-up, it's a 5g rimless that's moderately planted. It's probably still cycling, but the water quality has remained surprisingly good. It's got two gold white cloud minnows in there now.

My LFS is The Wet Spot in Portland, OR. I trust them to do what's best for the fish.

As for my set-up, it's a 5g rimless that's moderately planted. It's probably still cycling, but the water quality has remained surprisingly good. It's got two gold white cloud minnows in there now.

Lucky you have a wet spot near you. Either way, I do my own research before consulting any LFS personnel because in the end they are a salesman/woman.

Caleb

5 gallons is a little small for these guys. I would look for a different fish for your tank like a micro rasbora or least killi fish.

You could do a betta, African dwarf frogs, scarlet badis, or shrimp. These are just a few options.

Back
Top Bottom