Infertile Eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skeeter84

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all. I have 2 convict cichlids. They look almost identical (both have orange bellies, blue trim on fins). However, one of them has much deeper blacks.

I recently noticed them both in the same cave, which was abnormal because i thought i had 2 females. There is a large pile of eggs in there. Anyone every heard of 2 females guarding a pile of infertile eggs? Do they even lay infertile eggs?!?!?!?! Thanks for any help.!

Not sure with Convicts but I have a pair of female Angels that lay eggs. One lays the egg, the other eats it. I think diet triggers the female to produce eggs so a male doesn't have to be around to trigger an egg lay.

Thats what I was thinking / hoping. Doesnt look like either one is eating them, however the eggs changed colors overnight and there are not hundreds of little tiny white worms on the glass. This'll be fun!. ANyone know what these worms are or something to get rid of them? I have some quickcure, might work????

Um, that's usually what happens when the eggs hatch aka wigglers. Are you sure they are both females? Again I'm not sure with convicts as I thought they were mouth breeders.

Admin: Should this thread be moved to Breeding?

These were tiny little white worms crawling on the glass, not swimming. Looks like they ended up eating the eggs anyways. Thanks for your input!!

Back
Top Bottom