Infusoria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How small are the little critters in an infusoria. Starting to get really murky and I want to filter out the rotting lettuce. If I strain it through a coffee filter will the little edible stuff make it thru

Easiest thing to do is to get a jar (I find old baby food jars the best) fill it with a bit of aquarium water and toss a slice of potato or cucumber in it. Then sit the jar (with no lid) on a window ledge. In a few days to a week it will become cloudy. Just pour in a bit and top it back off with more aquarium water.

Depending on how many fry you are feeding you may want a few jars working in rotation.

This will keep rotting food out of your tank(s)

Hope that helps.

Sent from my N861 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

An infusoria culture should be clear. The cloudiness is a bacterial bloom which becomes food for the infuroria. As the infusoria increase in numbers the water will clear. the water will appear murky, perhaps, but not cloudy.

It's been a long time since I have used it, but it is important that there is a high concentration of critters so you don't put a lot of dirty water into the fry tank. It is a good idea to have more than one going.

Back
Top Bottom