Injured Angel Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clare

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, All:

Need some advice - I have a pair of breeding angels in my 100G tall hex that laid their eggs on the filter intake pipe - i left them be until they all turned white (not viable and getting fuzzy) so I decided to scrape them off before they got too moldy. Well, the angels, needless to say, got angry and tho I tried very hard to keep them from harm by blocking my dull plastic scraper with my hand the larger one (female?) came underneath and rammed into it and now has a dent on the top of her head.

My question is, should I just leave it and watch to see if it gets worse or should I immediately treat with Melafix? The other species in the tank are bloodfin tetras, iranian red rainbows, clown loaches, apistogrammas agassizii pair, electric blue and balloon rams, and a peacock eel (about 10 inches long). Last PWC was three days ago (NO2 O ppm, NO3 5 ppm, Ph 7.8, NH3/NH4 0 ppm)

Pic attached is best I could get. Any advice is totally appreciated.....thanks.

Clare

Ok o can't tell from the pic but is it like a bump on our head or is it like a open wound.....

I think that would make the diffrence....

(Usually when eggs go bad the pair will eat them.... So I won't worry next time!)

Injured Angel

Thanks for the reply - More like a cut on her head - i called it a dent. SHould I dose with Melafix?

Back
Top Bottom