Insanely odd story involving a fiddler crab!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DjBootleg

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I'm a little freaked out at the moment. I bought one female fiddler crab about a month ago. JUST ONE. I was doing a water change on my tank last night and noticed it was dead. So I scooped it out and took care of it... Now today I come home from work and I see ANOTHER FIDDLER CRAB!!

I checked the trash to see if the dead one was still there. It is.... How could this happen???

Well I'm a little freaked out at the moment. I bought one female fiddler crab about a month ago. JUST ONE. I was doing a water change on my tank last night and noticed it was dead. So I scooped it out and took care of it... Now today I come home from work and I see ANOTHER FIDDLER CRAB!!

I checked the trash to see if the dead one was still there. It is.... How could this happen???

Just a shot in the dark. Maybe you threw the molt out? And the carb was hiding until it was comfortable to come out?

That was suppose to day "just a SHOT in the dark" btw....

Last edited:
Hmm. I just seen that they "molt". But it was the whole body?? Not just the claw or head.

They can mild there entire body kinda like cleaner shrimp. My cleaner shrimp molt and I'd swear they were dead then I realize its the molt.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happen. They do breed but you'd need two of them.

It probably was a molt. I've thought my crayfish has died before because molts can be so complete looking. Check the "dead" one again, it's probably hollow. If it is a real, solid, dead crab... I will join you in being a little freaked out.

It probably was a molt. I've thought my crayfish has died before because molts can be so complete looking. Check the "dead" one again, it's probably hollow. If it is a real, solid, dead crab... I will join you in being a little freaked out.

Lol it was a molt lol. Well I guess I can stop freakin lol. Thanks

They can mild there entire body kinda like cleaner shrimp. My cleaner shrimp molt and I'd swear they were dead then I realize its the molt.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happen. They do breed but you'd need two of them.

Check Ur pm convict

Back
Top Bottom