Insect Eating Bottom Feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggs180

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've been having a small bug problem in my tank. I had a castle decoration which i had to remove because the bugs made it their home, ad it seemed to get rid of a bunch of them but still some remain. I've checked all over and this dosnt seem like a common insect in peoples tanks. They look like small spiders and have tiny spikes on them, and whenever i come home at night i see some on the glass, but when i turn on the fish tank light to get a good look at them, they scurry down to the gravel.

I've seen them twice during the day on the substrate thats at the corners, so i know they dont burrow. My Fish (guppies/HarlequinRasboras/Amano) dont seem intent on catching them, are there any bottom feeder fish that do? I've been meaning to get true bottom feeder fish and not rely on my 2 amanos to clean the tank. Something that can clean the tank of these pesky bugs would be nice.

Good point if it's a big tank you could even go with clown loach
i was thinking more along the lines of a raphael cat(min 55 gallons),but yeah,clown loaches would be good too

Its right in my Signature, 29 Gallons. I cant have any burrowing fish because i have a dirt below the gravel. also dont clown loaches eat amano shrimp?

Its right in my Signature, 29 Gallons. I cant have any burrowing fish because i have a dirt below the gravel. also dont clown loaches eat amano shrimp?
ok then,a raohael cat is a no-go,tey get too big. same with the clown loaches

Back
Top Bottom