Instant cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquavic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Possibly, has anyone tried this? I want a little feed back. It contains nitrifying bacteria inside, just shake rigorously and empty into tank. Sounds too good to be true though.

image-534769719.jpg

Who makes it? Just being curious
I've never seen it before except on the show. You can try it and see how It does since you have it. But I wouldn't get my hopes up till I made a tests.

Andrew McFadden said:
Who makes it? Just being curious
I've never seen it before except on the show. You can try it and see how It does since you have it. But I wouldn't get my hopes up till I made a tests.

I don't know but there's a website, if you wanna check it out it's www.acrylicaquariums.com I got this at petco

Yeah for now I'm just hoping it'll work so I'll test tomorrow and see how it's doing

I don't think the magic bottles of instant cycle work like they say. I hope it works for you but if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting for the instant cycle, because 4-6 weeks from now with out seeding the tank from a good established tank or doing the fishless ammonia drops method you might still be waiting for the cycle to finish
Good luck!

Nimo said:
I don't think the magic bottles of instant cycle work like they say. I hope it works for you but if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting for the instant cycle, because 4-6 weeks from now with out seeding the tank from a good established tank or doing the fishless ammonia drops method you might still be waiting for the cycle to finish
Good luck!

Thanks, I'm just trying to speed up the cycle as much as possible because the guys at petco gave me horrible advice and letting me take 7 fishes with me with an unicycled tank. (I'm new at this) so hopefully it'll at least speed it up a bit

Hey that's from the guys at ATM! From the show hahaha! I say try it out and test your water. That is what I did when I did the seeded tank method by cleaning my established tank filter in the new tanks water, then I used tetra safestart as I added fish. Seems ok for now, but not sure. Anyway, just try your method and you never know.

Brandon K.A said:
Hey that's from the guys at ATM! From the show hahaha! I say try it out and test your water. That is what I did when I did the seeded tank method by cleaning my established tank filter in the new tanks water, then I used tetra safestart as I added fish. Seems ok for now, but not sure. Anyway, just try your method and you never know.

I know! I got all excited haha the test strips dont show anything though/: I need to buy the API master

Aquavic said:
I know! I got all excited haha the test strips dont show anything though/: I need to buy the API master

Yes you should get the master test kit, those strips atte not accurate. They are better than nothing but not accurate.

What's worse is that they dont even show the ammonia levels either

The only ones I've heard of actually working on this forum are Tetra Safestart and SeaChem Stability.

I know when you buy Safestart it has warnings about keeping the bottle at safe temps. No freezing or heating that will kill the bacteria.

I have not heard of any other product helping or making a difference in tanks based on real world reviews here.

I would still say give it a try. Those atm products aren't as widespread as tetra products I believe. So not many people mention it.

It's your money. If they have some kind of documentation explaining their product in detail it'd be more believable, but with lots of snake oil type products out there I am dubious at best. I don't have a very good review of stability either, mostly because of hit and miss results and I dislike the attempt at 'scientific jargon' in their description that makes it sound a lot more plausible than it really is.

To me it just looks like an attempt at taking some fame and channeling into a product line rather than being some real breakthrough product.

If you want some options with decent reviews/testing/documentation then go with safestart, angelsplus active sponge filter, dr tims one and only, or a refrigerated product like the old biospira.

I don't think I'd even test this particular product because personally I don't want to support that company's endeavors.

jetajockey said:
It's your money. If they have some kind of documentation explaining their product in detail it'd be more believable, but with lots of snake oil type products out there I am dubious at best. I don't have a very good review of stability either, mostly because of hit and miss results and I dislike the attempt at 'scientific jargon' in their description that makes it sound a lot more plausible than it really is.

+1
I've always have been iffy about those types of products, to me and this is just my opinion but those products seem like they do a better job jump starting a cycle opposed to "instant" cycling the tank. Kinda like the same effect when you seed a tank.
I know the cycling process can take what seems like forever but IMO its not something you want to mess with by trying to rush the process.
Those products may or may not add the amount of BB that the tank needs but take in account that just because its added doesn't mean that there is good stable amount to complete the process.

Seachem Stability, it won't cycle your tank as the bacteria does not last long - but it's like temporary helping hand until your own bacteria kick in.

I get what you guys mean but it's always good post feedback so other people won't make mistakes.

Aquavic said:
I get what you guys mean but it's always good post feedback so other people won't make mistakes.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes :) it still would be interesting to know if it works as advertised.

I personally have tried these products to speed up cycling process, but Ive stuck with the tried and tested, cycling with cocktail shrimp, have done it with all three my tanks and has really done wonders.

Finally got my API but still nothing. Im guessing it didn't work... Oh well, worth a shot

Back
Top Bottom