Interesting Behaviors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redfisher1139

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just curious if any one has noticed some strange behaviors similar to the ones I have experienced with my fish. My two Angelicus Botia loaches tend to take their rests together while laying on their sides on the bottom of the tank. They are very healthy and very active most of the time, but they do exhibit this strange behavior.
The other bit of strangeness, and this one really blows my friends' minds when they see it, is that my 2 eclipse catfish are very shy, but they have bonded not only with each other but with my rainbow shark as well. This has been demonstrated to me time and time again by the rainbow feeding the catfish. He will gather food (flake and frozen bloodworms), take it to the front edge of the shelter where the catfish hang out, and spit the food back out into the little cave, and the cats eat it! Wierd, huh?

That's a normal behavior for botia loaches. I have two and they lay on their sides too.

Back
Top Bottom