Interesting Find on Aquabid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are actually cheap, especially for the size of them. At $75 per fish they are a bargain. I just wonder why they have import papers if they are F1, unless it is for the parents.

I would love to have a zebra pleco. Because of the cost though I'd be terrified to have them. You lose a $10 angel fish you get depressed. You lose a $75 pleco and you go suicidal. At least I would.

There's no way I would pay that much money for a group of little breeding plecos. lol I can find better ways to spend $11,500.

I wouldn't mind dropping $12K as long as in a few months I have made back my money by breeding and selling the fry. :) It's a good investment if you want to take the time and energy. It's not a quick payoff.

I can just imagine people staring at their fish that cost 12k and yelling, "Mate! Come on! Pleeeeeeeaaase!"

:) I do that with the Africans. All the fish seem to mate except for the labs. Many a time I am staring down the females saying "come on, mate already!"

I think water chemistry would be the biggest thing that would scare me from this.

12 grand. They're (supposedly) breeding now. You plunk them down in your water, and what happens? The odds of not being able to find a proper water chemistry, or losing some due to water stress, is just so high. I could maybe see picking up a single pair at $200-300, if you love them, to see if you can breed...but that's a massive investment if you aren't sure you're going to keep them breeding.

Back
Top Bottom