introducing new angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blakskall

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a fully grown angelfish (and a few other tankmates) in a 29 gal high tank setup shes gold colored, i was thinking of trying to find another color morph to add to the tank, but the pet shop around me sell young small angelfish, would it be ok to add another angel or would it get bullied by my other angel?

I don't think it would be bullied by the other angel. what are the other fish in the tank with it? They may be more likely to bully.

From what I have read, it is the competition with the other angelfish that you want to be wary of, and that if you want multiple Angels, you need a minimum of four, or else the strongest of the bunch will just make the rest miserable.

I don't think it's likely to have a comfortable 29gallon tank with 4 angels, nevermind whether or not you have other types of fish.

Hope that helps!

From what I have read, it is the competition with the other angelfish that you want to be wary of, and that if you want multiple Angels, you need a minimum of four, or else the strongest of the bunch will just make the rest miserable.

I don't think it's likely to have a comfortable 29gallon tank with 4 angels, nevermind whether or not you have other types of fish.

Hope that helps!

Interesting fact, I did not know that.

i would leave it. if you were to add new one you would want one of similar size. might be a little harder to find personally i would leave it as is.

not always a must to have them in larger schools. if there is places to hide it can be fine. personally in a 29 i would have got 3 of them wait to see if 2 pair off and remove the 3rd.

I have a fully grown angelfish (and a few other tankmates) in a 29 gal high tank setup shes gold colored, i was thinking of trying to find another color morph to add to the tank, but the pet shop around me sell young small angelfish, would it be ok to add another angel or would it get bullied by my other angel?

i hav
4 lemon tetras
1 Red tailed shark
1 Gourami
1 Saimese Algae Eater
1 Mystery Snail

Back
Top Bottom