Invert compatability, need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adeebm

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My 46gal tank is almost done being setup (yay), and I'm going to be moving my dwarf gourami over from my 10gal soon. I was planning to breed red cherry shrimp in the 10gal, but I was at my LFS, saw a red clawed crab (Sesarma bidens), and just had to get it :p He has surface access, and I'll be adding some sea salt soon, so he should be happy. Anyway, since my plans have changed I was wondering if this setup would work:

1-2 red clawed crabs
1-2 fiddler crabs
endlers/guppies(maybe)
breeding red cherry shrimp colony

The crabs *should* get along, my concern is the cherry shrimp. I don't think the crabs would eat them, but would they survive in semi brackish water?

--Adeeb

Right now, its completely freshwater. Thats what the crab was in at the petstore, so I don't want him to get stressed. I'll be adding marine salt in slowly. Don't have a hygrometer, so I'll have to use the chart on the packet... What SG can cherry shrimp handle?

--Adeeb

hmm, google isn't helping much, but it seems brackish is a no-no for RCS. I guess I'll just make this a brackish crab tank, and maybe add a molly?

--Adeeb

Back
Top Bottom