Inverts for my tropical FW tank ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nuitari

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a well established 70 gal freshwater tropical tank and I would like to add some inverts to it to add depth , visual appeal and to help with sand maintance. I have gotten alot of varied opinions from never add inverts to a semi aggressive tank to add any you want and let them sort out heirarchy as in nature they are not all seperated ... well this isn't a pond its my tank with fish from many areas and I would like to keep it a good home for my swimming buddies .... so I will add my current stock and would love any info , opinions or advice on the idea of adding inverts and perhaps what kinds would do best .....

-tank inhabitants -
2 Gouramis Blue and a Platnum ( both 3 spot )
8 Odessa barbs male and female
5 tiger barbs
5 green tiger barbs
1 zebra loach
1 julii cory cat
1 common plec
I am also pondering over adding 1 or 2 pictus catfish in the next month

thanks for reading and look forward to the discussion

Snails would be ok probably but anything else will possibly be a problem. Most shrimp (except large filter feeding shrimp) will be a delictable snack. Crays will tear your tank apart unless they are dwarfs that generally are tiny (well yea lol)
I would say add ghost shrimp if you want shrimp (super cheap but watch for prawns mixed in on accident).
If you add a bunch of ghost shrimp some are bound to survive.
If you dont mind me adding that the juliis like to school I would suggest getting 5 more. The common pleco will get agressive as he gets old and will pose a problem for inverts I imagine. I really think the pictus catfish would wipe out most inverts that you are gonna want as well.

thanks for your answer , the plec will be rehomed to a friends larger tank when he grows a bit more so he is just " renting " and I agree about the cory , I had bought 2 of them but the other died due to a problem within 24 hours probably stress from a long trip home from the store. I am moving my community tank from its current 10gal to either a 40 or 55 gal in the near future and plan to add the cory and a few new cory buddies into that tank

70gal Flatback hex
--------------------
2 3spot Gouramis
8 Odessa barbs
5 emerald tiger barbs
5 tiger barbs
1 zebra loach
1 julii cory cat
1 common plec

10 gal community
-----------------
1 gold gourami