iridescent shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dieanna

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been doing some research on a new fish to introduce into the 55 gal. I was wondering if anyone can tell me any experiences about iridescent sharks. They're kind of goofy looking and cute. Also, the size. I saw one site online that said they get about 6" and another that says 12". Then I saw a thread on this site while searching that they can get 3-4'! Lol, those are big differences in size! Should I stay away from that fish?

I have several books and they all say that Iridescent Sharks will out grow all but the largest aquariums.

There is a pet store in east providencce that has one that is about a foot and a half long they told me it will reach 4 feet

Rocket2001 said:
There is a pet store in east providencce that has one that is about a foot and a half long they told me it will reach 4 feet

And so it will. Here, pet shops with 1-3 14"-20" iridescent sharks (dumped by people who no longer have room for them) in ponds are quite common.

Back
Top Bottom