Is 7 angelfish too much for a 75g planted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably not but if you get a pair look out .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What age do they pair off? What size would they be approximately? Is there only way to know if they pair is because of spawning?

I have 7 angels, each only is a different color variation. 5 of them are sub adults at ~2.5" body size. The other two are juvies, loonie body size.

They hangout together alot and no problems so far. I doubt there is a pair in there right now.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

They're young still they'll be fine. But with 7 your likely to get at least one pair and while I have no experience with the pairing and breeding of angelfish. You may want to look into separating them when they do pair off (keep in mind a pair of breeding angels can bring you a good bit of money).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bring you a good bit of money? Maybe if you sell them. If you breed them and raise the fry you'll end up SPENDING a lot, take it from me, I've got two pairs and 3 spawns being raised (y)

7 angels in a 75 seems fine to me but as said be prepared for issues if a pair forms and with 7 it's almost guaranteed. Unless you have 7 males (females will form pairs with females). Roughly a .7% chance.

Back
Top Bottom