Is a 19 litre tank too small for 4 male guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishless cycle

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have moved four male guppies from my 180 litre tank to a 19 litre tank as they were relentlessly chasing and nipping two other weaker male guppies. One of the ones they were chasing has since died and i am gutted. I don't want to lose another one.

How long can I keep the four guppies in such a small tank? They all seem to be getting on fine but I feel bad they are in such a small tank.... I can't put them back in the large tank as they will go for my weak guppy. Any suggestions?

I have moved four male guppies from my 180 litre tank to a 19 litre tank as they were relentlessly chasing and nipping two other weaker male guppies. One of the ones they were chasing has since died and i am gutted. I don't want to lose another one.

How long can I keep the four guppies in such a small tank? They all seem to be getting on fine but I feel bad they are in such a small tank.... I can't put them back in the large tank as they will go for my weak guppy. Any suggestions?
Hi, what about swapping it around. Put the weak guppy in the 19ltr??

Hi, what about swapping it around. Put the weak guppy in the 19ltr??

Thanks for the quick response. That's a good idea. I have another male guppy in the 180 litre tank and I could put them both in so he's not alone. I don't like to see any fish in such a small tank though but I guess they should be okay shouldn't they... I'll do that tomorrow and see how they get on. Thanks for that :)

Thanks for the quick response. That's a good idea. I have another male guppy in the 180 litre tank and I could put them both in so he's not alone. I don't like to see any fish in such a small tank though but I guess they should be okay shouldn't they... I'll do that tomorrow and see how they get on. Thanks for that :)
No probs mate, i'm sure he'll be glad for a bit of peace!!!. Good luck with it....
Ian

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom