Is about that time of year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
To get a larger tank. I swear, every year I get a bigger tank.

2003-I started out with a 29.
2004- Then I purchased (and later sold) a 40gal
2005- I got a killer deal on a 75gal set up
It's 2006 and guess what I just found? A 105gal tank (that will fit in my 75gal stand) for REALLY cheap.

How exciting!

SerLunchbox said:
My only question is why aren't you getting something bigger?

Than a 105?

I usually upgrade depending on the deal and the room I have available. A 105 will fit in my 75gal tank stand and its, right now, about $50

Then I can turn around and sell my 75gal and possibly break even (or make a profit).

Im just slowly working my way up to a several hundred gallon wall tank =o)

Fishyfanatic said:
Congrats lyquid!

I'm in the same boat as Blaine, why stop at a 105? :D

Phooey on all that...why did you sell the 40gal? :wink:

I've seen a 105, interesting dimensions if I recall...a little higher than the standard 18". Nice pick up.

Aren't you still living the life of the moving around/haven't settled down student? I hated moving the 80 gallon and now Trevor will not even consider a larger tank until we own a home :roll:

When you say the 105g tank will fit on the 75g stand, does that mean the stand is only rated for 75g? Dimensions aren't the only reason a stand would be rated 75g, it has to be able to handle the weight of a 105gallon tank too. Just wondering if you thought of that already, I'd hate to see a tank come crashing down.

FF- I don't plan on it! Give me a good deal, I'll show you a bigger tank hehe

Jchillin- I sold the 40gal because it wasn't what I expected (ebay purchase), it was acrylic, with a 10gal light fixture, and scratched.

Menagerie- Yes, but! This year we found a place we really like and are staying here for another year. And hopefully we will only have two more moves to make in the next 5 years (after graduation, move to where ever is closest to my job, and then purchase a house).

Alshain- that is a REALLY good question. I don't know what grade my stand is. I just figured since it had the same dimensions I could hold the 105. I might make arrangements to reinforce the stand.

If the stand is a standard wood cabinet or wrought iron, it shouldn't be a problem. Remember, those stands are designed to distribute the load across the entire footprint, not just a certain area.

Whoo hoo to bigger tanks. I say the more the better! Not that I am propogating MTS or anything, but furniture is really over rated after all. :) And yes Bill I will be seeing Dr. Phishtank soon. LOL.

Pssst keep the 75 as well!

Zagz said:
Whoo hoo to bigger tanks. I say the more the better! Not that I am propogating MTS or anything, but furniture is really over rated after all. :) And yes Bill I will be seeing Dr. Phishtank soon. LOL.

Pssst keep the 75 as well!

I'm really to a point where Im content with one large tank. Right now I have an empty 29gal and I don't know what to do with it. Im not sure what I would do with my 75gal.

My ultimate goal is to build a wall tank (like this one)

and then convert whatever large tank I have into a salt water.

Back
Top Bottom