Is Api Ph Down safe for fish and shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

destroy-ya-vampire-money

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 5 gallon betta tank is at a Ph of 7.8 (it's the fault of the tap water). As he seems to be clamping his fins a bit more often I've thought that perhaps the Ph is too high (as the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate is at 0).

Is this safe to use if I slowly introduce lowed Ph water through partial water changes? Will it affect the ghost shrimp also in the tank?

Thanks.

Your PH is fine. Messing around with it will likely lead to the real problems. The vast majority of fish are capable of adjusting to different PH levels, as long as they do it gradually.
My PH is 8.4 (the same as one of my closer LFS) and my fish are fine.

Your PH is fine. Messing around with it will likely lead to the real problems. The vast majority of fish are capable of adjusting to different PH levels, as long as they do it gradually.
My PH is 8.4 (the same as one of my closer LFS) and my fish are fine.
Im actually at 8.8 slow acclimation, no indication of any detrimental effects at all, but more so, my fish seem health and calm, my orange digitata montipora is the brightest i think i ever saw a coral, my montipora capricornis, is bright vibrant hot orange. My rhicordias are hot orange....Galaxia is siting tight, with the nutrient sit already has, hes got fat bubbles. A meeeaaaaan Colt. A Finger, and some mushroom anemones are all doing really great everything is propagating. My water clarity overall is very clean, with not to much of a nitrate issues. All coral or propagating. Im just worried if my PH is going to throw out my DKH

My 5 gallon betta tank is at a Ph of 7.8 (it's the fault of the tap water). As he seems to be clamping his fins a bit more often I've thought that perhaps the Ph is too high (as the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate is at 0).

Is this safe to use if I slowly introduce lowed Ph water through partial water changes? Will it affect the ghost shrimp also in the tank?

Thanks.
Well dont ASSUME that ph is too high, test it.

Back
Top Bottom