Is aqua bid safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Legit Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
i wanted to buy some calico bristle nose plecos but never find any for sale on big known online stores or lfs. so i always wanted to buy at aqua bid but never did because not to sure if it is safe and to start it off, i don't even know how to buy things there! i wanted to buy from this auction:
AquaBid.com - Item # fwcatfishp1400629804 - 6 unsexed 1 1/4-1 1/2 in Calico Pleco's - Ends: Tue May 20 2014 - 06:50:04 PM CDT
but i don't know if it is safe. :ermm: if you guys are sellers or bought from aqua bid please tell me who sells some good long fin calico or albino bristle nose plecos!

I buy and sell on AB whenever possible. I agree mostly with what Oscar said.

Two things give me pause on the auction you are thinking about. First, there are no photos of the fish (hard to say if the fish you want will meet your expectations), second, the seller is very new. Though the five transactions she's had went very well.

Depending on how badly you want to get these particular fish from this particular seller, you might want to look around a little more experience seller that will post actual photos of the actual fish you are bidding on.

With that said, I have no reason to doubt this seller is sincere and selling quality fish.

I buy and sell on AB whenever possible. I agree mostly with what Oscar said.

Two things give me pause on the auction you are thinking about. First, there are no photos of the fish (hard to say if the fish you want will meet your expectations), second, the seller is very new. Though the five transactions she's had went very well.

Depending on how badly you want to get these particular fish from this particular seller, you might want to look around a little more experience seller that will post actual photos of the actual fish you are bidding on.

With that said, I have no reason to doubt this seller is sincere and selling quality fish.

thanks for the help! i really want some calico bn plecos! i can't find any anywhere else but there so i guess i'll just find out how it goes!

You should post your own photos when you get them! I've gotten way better fish from AB than any pet store, better quality, long and short term survival rate, even when fish got lost in the mail, etc.

i decided to ask the dealer for some photos and if they are long fin or short fin. i also found some super reds with a calico blood that are 5 for 50 and are in NJ. i think i will end up getting those because they are closer and won't have to pay express shipping! but i have another question. lets say i decide to buy the "buy now" item, will the auction close and the items go to me? or will it stay open and people will be able to bid and take it away even if i already payed?

"Buy it now" is the same as a "no haggle price". i.e. there's no auction involved and nobody will be bidding higher.

Hey legit, you are making me want to buy a bunch of new fish I don't have room for!!

I've used that site once for some plants. Ended up being a nightmare. Not because of the site but because of the seller. Luckily I was protected by paypal, and if you are used to buying off the internet you know that not every transaction will be great. If I ever come across anything on that site again that I am interested it that first experience won't stop me.

Back
Top Bottom